It is June 29, 2010, and I am writing to you twenty years in the future. I hope you have lived out all of your dreams. You are now 63 years old. I hope you are happily married and living with your best friend. I hope he loves to travel as much as you do and loves many of the things you love. I also hope he gives you the space to be yourself. He will be your partner, not your caregiver. He will be your equal and you his. I know you will still have no regrets about your life.
Some of the things that are on my bucket list that I hope you have checked off:
- A return trip to Australia and a visit to New Zealand.
- A cruise in Alaska on Cruise West.
- Travel around Europe with camera in hand.
- Visit many of the unique places in the United States that I haven’t seen yet.
- Take Chloe to Washington DC when she is old enough to understand what a great nation we live in.
- Always chose to be happy and never quit striving for everything.
- Be happy and successful in whatever career I end up in.
There are many goals in my life that I hope you achieve. I know that you will do your best to stay positive and not worry about which fork in the road to take when those obstacles are presented.